Our cities are growing rapidly, and the ways we move through them are quickly evolving. VIA is committed to being at the forefront of these innovations. We provide meaningful place-based solutions to large-scale infrastructure, contributing to urban design, architecture and planning for a broad variety of public sector clients on the West Coast.
VIA is a strategic architectural and planning firm, highly networked across our three offices in Seattle, Oakland and Vancouver BC. Ours is an interactive studio-based practice concentrated in urban planning, transit systems planning and design, and architecture for urban mixed-use development. Our systems-level sustainable design strategies and community design studio set us apart from traditional architectural practice.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Project Architect in our Oakland/San Francisco office.
We are interested in exceptional candidates with strong analytical and communication skills who are passionate and involved in community building at all scales. This person will work within our multidisciplinary team to coordinate and document civic, transit station, bridge, and other public sector projects with an opportunity to participate in residential projects in the future.
- Registered Architect in California (or intern on registration path) with 7 to 10 years of experience
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree
- LEED AP Building Design + Construction preferred
- Large-scale public project delivery experience
- Strong experience in the management of collaborative multi-discipline design teams, including integrated project delivery experience.
- Strong experience in the management and use of Revit 3D Building Information Modeling and AutoCAD. Fluency with production in these programs.
- Strong skills in architectural design detailing and documentation.
- Experience applying California Building Codes, California Green Building Codes, NFPA 130 and related codes.
- Skill in the management and coordination of project documentation and preparation of construction documents and specifications.
- Experience with applying Quality Assurance/ Quality Control processes and procedures.
- Passion for high quality design and sustainable design.
- Comfortable working with clients and extended teams or workshop settings
- Dedicated team player, excellent communicator, possessing demonstrated skill at the execution of technically complex projects.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefits, including medical/dental insurance, retirement fund contribution matching, and transit subsidy.
How to Apply
VIA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual-orientation or gender-identity.
Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format (no more than 2MB please).
Email with “Project Architect” in subject-line.
Send to: Katherine Howe – email@example.com
No phone calls or office visits, please.