VIA Architecture is a strategic architectural and planning firm with offices in Seattle, Oakland and Vancouver BC. Highly networked across three offices, ours is a highly interactive studio based practice concentrated in urban planning, transit systems planning and design and architecture for urban mixed-use development. Our systems-level sustainable design strategies and community-based design studio set us apart from traditional architectural practice.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Project Architect in our Seattle office.
We are interested in exceptional candidates with strong analytical and communication skills who are passionate and involved in community building at all scales. This person will work within our multidisciplinary team to coordinate and document multifamily residential and commercial projects with the opportunity to participate in public-sector infrastructure and urban design projects in the future.
- Registered architect (or intern on registration path) with 5 to 10 years of experience
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree
- LEED AP preferred
- Dedicated team player, excellent communicator, possessing demonstrated skill at the execution of technically complex projects.
- Strong skills in architectural design, documentation, and illustration including mastery of Sketchup Pro.
- Strong experience in the management and use of Revit 3D Building Information Modeling and AutoCAD. Fluency with production in these programs.
- Skill in the management and coordination of project documentation and preparation of graphic presentation material.
- Strong experience in the management of collaborative design disciplines, including integrated project delivery experience.
- Thorough familiarity with the technical considerations involved in coordinating and executing Type 5 wood frame multifamily residential and Type 1 concrete high-rise residential and commercial building types.
- Passion for high quality design and sustainable design. Experience with sustainable building rating systems an asset.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefits, including medical/dental insurance, retirement fund contribution matching, and transit subsidy
How to Apply
Please email resume in PDF with cover letter/email, and “Project Architect” in subject-line, attention Dan Nelson, AIA, LEED AP email@example.com
- Please include samples of your work, keeping total email size below 2 MB.
- No phone calls or office visits please.
- Applicants must meet minimum experience qualifications to be considered for these positions.
VIA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual-orientation or gender-identity.